|Email To a Friend:
|Miscellaneous - Baby names - Kayla|
|Submitted by Deena Answered by Rabbi Tzvi Frank|
|Answer: This is what I found.|
- a Yiddish form of Kelila, a Hebrew name meaning "crown of laurel", and symbolically "perfection". Kelila is also a female form of the name Kalil, meaning "complete, whole, perfect".
- a Yiddish form of the names Cecilia and Celia.
- a Yiddish pet form of the name Karolina
- a Yiddish form of "geile", meaning "happy, mischievous, vivacious, playful..." in Old German.
- a variation of the name Gella, meaning "fair haired" in Yiddish
- a Yiddish form of "geila", meaning "French, Gaul" in Old German.
- a Yiddish pet form of the name Michaela
- in Hebrew, "kalah" means "bride, fiancee". So it could be a Yiddish form of "kalah".