Home About Us the Rabbis Contact Us

what's new on Revach
Motza'ei Shabbos Dress Code, To Change or Not to Change

Leil HaSeder Alone in The Shadow of Corona

Stopping Corona: Overwhelmed With Eitzos?

Parshas Tzav: Rabbeinu Bachaye - Covering the Shame of Sinners

Parshas Pinchas: Rav Yehonoson Eibshitz - Where did Zimri the Great Tzaddik go Wrong?
[view all questions in this category]

Section: Questions   Category: Halacha
Halacha - Halacha vs. civil authority
Submitted by anonymous  Answered by Rav Peretz Moncharsh

First of all you should call your lawyer and ask him what your legal options are. In the USA Federal law requires courts to make reasonable accommodation for ones religious beliefs, and delaying a phone call a day or two should be considered "reasonable accommodation". Also, you should contact Agudath Israel or the OU, as these and similar organizations have extensive experience dealing with situations where demands of the courts conflict with religion. However it may be difficult to reach them on such short notice on Sunday erev Yom Tov.

If all else fails, you may ask a non-Jew to place the call on your behalf on Yom Tov, hopefully this will satisfy the Court's demands.

posted:2010-04-02 12:54:44

printable version     email to a friend

Send Your Comments
Name optional
Display my name?
Yes   No
EMAIL optional
Your email address is kept private.
COMMENTS required
    Most Viewed Lists
  1. "Zissen" Pesach
  2. Toivel Hot water Urn
  3. Bracha for bANANAS
  4. sprinkler on Shabbos clock
  5. candle lighting
    Last Viewed
  1. Halacha vs. civil authority
  2. Means of Employment
  3. Hebrew text for the 4 questions
  4. thilim at night
  5. Ribis